At Purser Marine Services, we understand and recognize that maintaining a clean, natural environment is fundamental to the health and wellness of Georgian Bay and the surrounding areas.
In accepting and adopting best management principles and operating practices that are appropriate to our operation, we commit to:
- Eliminate the release of contaminants into the water, both directly and indirectly
- Minimize the release of pollutants to the atmosphere
- Avoid contamination of the ground
- Adopt waste reduction, reuse, and recycling strategies
- Optimize energy and water conservation
- Promote sound environmental practices to all parties
- Excel beyond compliance of required, relevant legislation
Kerry and Lauren Purser, as well as the rest of the staff, will introduce sound environmental practices into every aspect of operation; we have trained our employees to understand and implement these practices and we will provide the resources that are needed to allow the policy to be fulfilled.
All suppliers and subcontractors will be made aware of the intent of this policy and will be encouraged to adopt the same sound practices where appropriate.
The marina also commits itself to on-going self-evaluation. We will strive to continually upgrade and improve environmental performance in light of future developments in marina management techniques and product availability.